Summer Camp Registration
OPEN FOR ALL!
The River Forest Park District offers weekly morning and afternoon summer camp programs, allowing our residents greater flexibility in their summer planning. Register early, as summer camps traditionally fill up quickly.
Summer Camp Cancellations & Refunds
No refunds will be given for any camp, unless a cancellation is received no later than seven (7) days prior to the summer camp session start date. Any refundable cancellations will be charged a $10 service fee per session. No refunds will be given if a participant is removed due to violation of the Park District's Give Me 10 Safety & Behavioral Policy. Refunds will be issued directly to the credit card used.
Give Me 10! Safety & Behavioral Policy
It is our intention to provide your child with a safe and secure environment. We attempt to create a warm, comfortable, and fun atmosphere that will make your child look forward to coming to the camp. In order to ensure the quality of this camp and safety of the campers and staff, each participant must be able to Give Me 10.
A qualified adult Camp Director supervises each camp. Counselors at each camp are mature and enthusiastic college-aged students. All camp staff complete an extensive training program that includes supervision and safety techniques, activity development and first aid. Camp Directors are also certified in CPR, First Aid, and AED.
West Suburban Special Recreation Association and Inclusion
Due to CDC guidelines and State COVID-19 Mandates, the River Forest Park District will be unable to provide 1:1 inclusion support. Individuals wishing to participate in any River Forest Park District Summer camp sessions must meet the following guidelines:
- Participant must be able to wear a mask and keep it on for the duration of camp.
- Participant must be able to social distance 6 feet.
- Participant must be able to follow directions with minimal intervention by staff.
- Participant must be able to be successful with a 4:1 staffing and devoid of emotional outbursts requiring 1:1 staffing support.
- Participant must be independent in managing personal care including toileting, feeding, personal hygiene.
WSSRA will be monitoring state and federal regulations closely and will make adjustments as guidelines are updated.
ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES FOR UNVACCINATED INDIVIDUALS
- Participant (vaccinated and unvaccinated) must have the ability to wear a mask when necessary and for the duration of the program.
- Participant must be able to social distance 6'.
The River Forest Park District will continue to work with WSSRA to provide inclusion support for participants who register and meet the Participation Guidelines per CDC guidelines and State COVID-19 Mandates. Families registering participants with disabilities and special needs should make sure to timely identify any special needs or request for reasonable on the registration form. WSSRA requires a 3-week minimum notice for requests to facilitate successful inclusion. If you have any questions regarding the inclusion process, please feel free to contact WSSRA's Inclusion Coordinator at (847) 455-2100.