Keystone Park East Project
The River Forest Park District is planning on replacement work of the Keystone tennis courts and batting cages in the fall of 2022. The Park District has filed an application with the Village of River Forest for a Planned Development permit for the purpose of:
- Replace and reconfigure the 5 lighted tennis courts. Each tennis court will be dual lined for pickleball.
- The tennis court lights will be replaced with new LED sport lights.
- Relocate the tennis hitting walls to the east fence of the new south tennis court.
- Replace and relocate the lighted 4 batting cages. The first set of lighted cages will be permanently installed along Central Avenue, west of the Keystone Center. The second set of cages would be a temporary facility east of the synthetic ball field, with the nets up only during the youth baseball season. The second set of cages will not be lit.
- Relocate the 2 basketball hoops from inside the tennis court to a dedicated, lighted, fenced area along Central Avenue.
- New storm water drainage with a drainage swale located along Lake Street to accommodate storm water requirements.
- Installation of a new lighted flag pole.
at Keystone Park East, which is located at 7920 Central Avenue.
A copy of the site plan and rendering of the project is below. Please note that these plans may change during the course of the planned development application process.
Please contact Michael Sletten, River Forest Park District Executive Director, at (708) 366-6660 for any comments and questions on the project. x 101 or via email at email@example.com.