Fri May 13, 2022
Park Specialist (Full-Time)
Starting Salary Range: $17.50 - $20.38/HR plus full benefits
Working Hours: The Park Specialist is a full time non-exempt position working 40 hours per week, plus overtime. The scheduled work hours for this position are Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, including ½ hour unpaid lunch. Hours may be shifted occasionally to accommodate specific tasks.
Summary: The Park Specialist is responsible for assisting the Director of Parks with the maintenance operations of the Park District grounds, facilities, and equipment. The work includes, but not limited to:
- Landscape maintenance operations for the Park District. This includes but not limited to:
- Turf maintenance: Mowing, irrigation, fertilizing, seeding, weed control, and trash removal.
- Athletic field maintenance: Baseball diamond infields, soccer fields, football fields, basketball courts, tennis courts, and installation and maintenance of necessary apparatus of each field use.
- Landscape maintenance: Soil grading and preparation, tree planting, tree trimming, tree spraying, tree watering, mulch bed maintenance, and flower bed maintenance.
- Construction: Installation of park/playground equipment, park benches, park signage, retaining walls, and drainage systems.
- Assist with the custodial maintenance of all Park District facilities.
- Assist with any equipment repairs for the Park District. This includes but not limited to vehicles, tractors, any facility, or program equipment.
- Assist the recreation department in set up, construction, and repair of all special event props.
Qualifications: 21 years of age. A valid Illinois State Driver License (Class A). In good physical condition with sufficient strength to lift and hold 50 pounds.
Interested candidates shall submit an application in person or by email:
John Beto, Director of Parks
401 Thatcher Avenue
River Forest, Illinois 60305
View other job opportunities