Job Posting: Park Specialist
Mon October 30, 2023
Starting Salary Range: $19.00-21.88/HR
Working Hours: The Park Specialist is a Full-Time non-exempt position working 40 hours per week, plus overtime. The scheduled work hours for this position are Monday-Friday from 7:00 am-3:30 pm, including 1/2 hour unpaid lunch. Hours may be shifted occasionally to accommodate specific tasks.
Summary: The Park Specialist is responsible for assisting the Director of Parks with the maintenance operations of the Park District grounds, facilities, and equipment. The work includes but is not limited to:
- Landscape maintenance operations for the Park District: Soil grading and preparation, tree planting, tree trimming, tree spraying, tree watering, mulch bed maintenance, and flower bed maintenance.
- Turf maintenance: Mowing, irrigation, fertilization, seeding, weed control, and trash removal.
- Athletic field maintenance: Baseball diamond infields, soccer fields, football fields, basketball courts, tennis courts, and installation and maintenance of necessary apparatus of each field use.
- Construction: Installation of park/playground equipment, park benches, park signage, retaining walls, and drainage systems.
- Custodial maintenance of all Park District facilities.
- Assist with any equipment repairs for the Park District. This includes but is not limited to vehicles, tractors, any facility or program equipment.
- Assist the recreation department in set up, construction, and repair of all special event props.
Qualifications: At least 21 years of age. A valid Illinois State Drivers License (Class A). In good physical condition with sufficient strength to lift and hold 50 pounds.
Interested candidates shall submit an application in person or by email to:
John Beto, Director of Parks
401 Thatcher Ave
River Forest, IL 60305