Apply Today! Details below.
Park Specialist (Full-time)
Starting Salary Range: $19.00-$21.88/HR plus full benefits
Working Hours: The Park Specialist is a full time non-exempt position working 40 hours per week, plus overtime. The scheduled work hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, including 1/2 hour unpaid lunch. Hours may be shifted occasionally to accommodate specific tasks.
Summary: The Park Specialist is responsible for assisting the Director of Parks with the maintenance operations of the Park District grounds, facilities, and equipment. The work includes, but not limited to:
- Landscape maintenance operations for the Park District. This includes but not limited to:
- Turf maintenance: Mowing, irrigation, fertilizing, seeding, weed control, and trash removal.
- Athletic field maintenance: Baseball diamond infields, soccer fields, football fields, basketball courts, tennis courts, and installation and maintenance of necessary apparatus of each field use.
- Landscape maintenance: Soil grading and preparation, tree planting, tree trimming, tree spraying, tree watering, mulch bed maintenance, and flower bed maintenance.
- Construction: Installation of park/playground equipment, park benches, park signage, retaining walls, and drainage systems.
- Assist with the custodial maintenance of all Park District facilities.
- Assist with any equipment repairs for the Park District. This includes but not limited to vehicles, tractors, any facility, or program equipment.
- Assist the recreation department in set up, construction, and repair of all special event props.
Qualifications: 21 years of age. A valid Illinois State Driver License (Class A). In good physical condition with sufficient strength to lift and hold 50 pounds.
Interested candidates shall submit an application in person or by email:
John Beto, Director of Parks
401 Thatcher Avenue River Forest, Illinois 60305
Part-time/Seasonal Job Opportunities
Athletic site supervisor
Responsible for bringing out all equipment, first aid kit and site packet. Monitoring the safety of participants; keeping score; tracking attendance; keeping site clean.
Qualifications: Minimum of 16 years of age; sufficient strength to lift and hold 25 pounds.
Hours: Part-time position based on athletic schedules
(mid May-mid August)
Assist with the day-to-day operations of maintaining the Park District's parks and facilities.
Qualifications: Minimum 18 years of age. Sufficient strength to lift and hold 50 pounds Valid Illinois State drivers license. Use of District vehicle to perform duties.
Hours: Monday-Friday; 7:00 am-3:30 pm
Special Event Volunteers
If you are interested in volunteering at any of the park district's special events, please contact Karen Stille, firstname.lastname@example.org, 708-366-6660 ext. 105.
Download the application below. Completed applications can be mailed, emailed, or dropped off at The Depot:
River Forest Park District
401 Thatcher Avenue
River Forest, IL
Email Karen Stille, Superintendent of Recreation at email@example.com unless stated differently above.
The River Forest Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work force. We are always looking for energetic, customer-focused individuals to join our team. The are age requirements for certain positions; be sure to check the listing for these and other possible requirements for the position you seek.