THURSDAY, APRIL 21 FROM 5:30-7:30 PM - meet at the depot
Join the Run Forest Run Club for our inaugural Plogging event! The term "plogging" is coined from the English phrase "jogging" and "plocka upp", a Swedish term that means "picking up". Yep, plogging is the Swedish fitness trend that combines jogging while picking up trash. Fun fact - you actually burn more calories and it helps the earth!
Wear jogging shoes and work gloves; all other cleanup gear will be provided.
Des Plaines River Cleanup
Saturday, April 23 from 8-10 am
- Bring reusable water bottle
- Wear pants, bright-colored long sleeved shirts, and boots
- Bug spray and sunscreen are recommended.
- Disposable gloves will be provided, but plan on bringing sturdy work gloves from home.
- Garbage bags will be provided
- First aid supplies will be provided