The River Forest Park District offers 4 concrete surfaced batting cages in Keystone Park and 2 concrete surfaced batting cages in Priory Park.
The north two Keystone Park batting cages and the Priory Park batting cages are open to River Forest residents for “live pitching” April 1 to October 31, at the following times:
8:00am – 4:00pm Monday – Friday
4:00pm – 8:00pm Saturday
8:00am – 8:00pm Sunday
Cages are open for “live pitching” for participants ages 5 years and older. Participant’s ages 5-17 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Reservations for batting cages can be made April 1 through July 31. August 1 through October 31, the batting cages are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The south two Keystone Park batting cages are reserved for RFYBS use only. RFYBS Head Coaches will be able to reserve cages during the RFYBS pre-season and regular season through the RFYBS website at rfybs.com. Pony Head Coaches will be able to reserve cages during the same period by contacting River Forest Park District’s Athletic Manager, Mitch Bunkofske, at email@example.com or 708-366-6660 x104.
Click here to see batting cage availability and to reserve batting cage times.
For more information on the batting cages, please contact Mitch Bunkofske at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-366-6660 x104
- The cages are open for “live pitching” for participant’s ages 5 years and older. Use of pitching machines inside the cages is prohibited.
- Participants ages 5-17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Use of the cages is first come, first serve, with the exception of the days and hours reserved for RFYBS and OPRFP use.
- RFYBS and OPRFP must use the River Forest Park District reservation system to secure reserved time.
- Use of the cages changes at the top of the hour.
- Cages cannot be held for concurrent hours.
- Participants inside the cages must wear a batting helmet.
- Pitching must be done behind the pitching screens.
River Forest Youth Baseball and Softball (RFYBS): The batting cages may be reserved during Priority Use Days/Hours by only Coaches from RFYBS. A total of one (1) hour a week may be reserved for each RFYBS team, and these hours may be concurrent. Beginning one week prior to pre-season, click here to make reservations.